Hope Everyone Has A Happy Halloween!
Today is Halloween and my wife and I will be going over to my sister and brother in law’s place. His neighborhood has a lot of trick or treaters and they have asked us to hand out candy from their house while they take their kids around the neighborhood trick or treating. So, the wife and I agreed and will be doing that. Should be a lot of fun! I’ll probably wear a scary mask of some kind while handing out candy to the kids tonight.
My brother in law and sister have a really nice house in their neighborhood and they will have pizza for us when we arrive. Wife and I will be getting the drinks on the way over to their house. I have never seen Halloween in my sister and brother in law’s neighborhood but I bet it’s going to be really awesome! So, I look forward to celebrating this holiday at their house.
I also like to sometimes find frugal ways to celebrate a holiday or to throw a party that way I can have a good time at a reasonable price. Here is a website that discusses some frugal ways to Halloween: Frugal Ways To Celebrate. Here are some of the ideas from this link that I personally like:
Emily Co from Popsugar writes in her article “31 Frugal Ways to Celebrate Halloween:”
1. Watch a scary movie at home with friends.
2. Carve a pumpkin with friends.
3. Bring out a Ouija board for a spooky night.
4. Go camping, make s’mores, and tell ghost stories around a fire.
5. Make these Halloween decorations for a few dollars.
6. Borrow a horror book from the library.
7. Visit a pumpkin patch.
8. Check to see what free Halloween events are going on in your city.
9. Create your own haunted house at home with things you already have.
I thought some of the above ideas were great ideas for celebrating Halloween frugally. Anyway, time for me to end this blog post here and I hope everybody has a Happy Halloween!